Monday, August 19, 2013

Mixed Media - Linnie Blooms Long Blank Project

Hello Crafters! Today I'm sharing with you a mixed media project I made with Linnie Blooms Long Blanks and Butterfly Shapes.
I had a lot of fun playing with different types of product with this project.  I started by spraying Linnie Blooms long blank with Tattered Angels Mist. Then randomly stenciled the chevrons using Art Anthology paint, and stenciled the circles with modeling paste, and lastly random stamping with a script stamp with a PITT pen by Faber-Castell.

For the Linnie Bloom butterflies shapes, I used Tattered Angels for the yellow and Art Anthology paint for the pink.   The corrugated butterfly is by Jillibean.  I misted it first with Dylusions but wanted it more darker so I used a light coat of modeling paste.



I used white flowers from Petaloo.  To paint these flowers, I used a mixture of mediums I used throughout the project.  However, I used a paint brush to apply the mists/paint onto the flowers and then added water for a more watercolor look.

Lastly, I used some old Heidi Swap clear word stamps (that I just LOVE) with archival ink.


I am truly having a great time being part of Linnie Blooms design team and loving all her canvas shapes!! You can see more of her shapes HERE.

Happy Scrappin’!

Rochelle Spears 

Products used: Linnie Blooms canvas long blank and butterfly shapes, Tattered Angels Mist (aqua, yellow) , Art Anthology paint (pink), Faber-Castell PITT pen, Modeling paste, Archival Ink, Studio Calico (circles) & Heidi Swapp (chevrons) stencils, Petaloo flowers, Queen & Co. bling, Jillibean corrugated butterflies, Paper Studio Tule, and Crystazzi pearls.





 





3 comments:

  1. hi Rochelle, love your project in mixed media! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. love your bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful. Love the butterflies and the pearls. Great colors too.

    ReplyDelete